Wednesday, November 19, 2008

wabi sabi and me

Did you notice that "wabi sabi" is suddenly all over the place?
It is in every paper, magazine, article etc... or is it me, only noticing now that the western world is discovering this ancient wisdom?
I discovered it a while ago, since i "dwell" in religions, in Buddhism, start practising zazen and so it was only natural that one day i was going to find wabi sabi.
And it fits me so well! It is the way i look at things, hear things, feel things. The way i am surprised by the beauty in so many things...and persons. It is so close to my motto:"If you can not see God in all, you can not see God at all"
I am a simple human being and i have very simple desires, simple wishes. i am not impressed by the big constructions in the world that everyone is supposed to admire. i look in detail, feel in detail. Beauty is in every corner of nature, in small and humble things.
And finally i found a term to cover how i look at the world. A term that expresses and suits my lifestyle.
My husband is teasing me that i finally found a term that gives a good excuse for my untidyness, for all my rubbish everywhere...
"But look at the beauty of it, dear" i said, but he was not impressed. Hahaha! Wabi sabi...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha :) Ja, als ik het zie, zie ik het overal..

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:46:00 PM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

:)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home